ProtonMail – Encrypted Email
ProtonMail is the world’s largest encrypted email service with over 1 million users. The ProtonMail secure email app for Android brings easy-to-use email encryption to your mobile device by seamlessly integrating PGP end-to-end encryption.
“ProtonMail offers encrypted email, which makes it virtually impossible for anyone to read it except the sender and the recipient.” Wall Street Journal
ProtonMail also provides a modern user interface with a full set of innovative features such as customizable swipe gestures and the ability to send expiring emails.
Since we were founded by CERN scientists in 2013, we have been joined by citizens from around the globe who have supported our mission to protect online privacy. Our mobile app was made possible by a record-breaking $550,000 donation campaign. With the ProtonMail app, you can now create your own free ProtonMail email account and start experiencing the secure email of the future.
Why use ProtonMail?
• Ensure your emails stay private and cannot be intercepted or disclosed to third parties
• End-to-end encryption, OpenPGP compatible
• Easy-to-use: encryption is done automatically and is completely invisible to the user
• Zero-access: all messages are stored in encrypted format—not even ProtonMail can read your messages
• Open source: ProtonMail’s encryption is open to inspection by security experts from around the world
• Free: ProtonMail is 100% free, no catches. If you like our project, you can donate or upgrade to a premium account
• Swiss privacy and neutrality: ProtonMail is hosted entirely in Switzerland, under the protection of the world’s strongest privacy laws
With the ProtonMail app, you can:
• Create a new protonmail.com email address with automatic PGP key creation and management
• Send and receive encrypted emails and attachments automatically
• Set timers for messages to self-destruct after sending
• Quickly organize emails with customizable swipe gestures and labels
• Get push notification of new emails
• Send password protected encrypted emails to non-ProtonMail email addresses
ProtonMail in the press:
“ProtonMail is a gmail-like email system which uses end-to-end encryption, making it impossible for outside parties to monitor.” Forbes
“A new email service being developed by a group from MIT and CERN promises to bring secure, encrypted email to the masses and keep sensitive information away from prying eyes.” Huffington Post
– the app crashed when opening certain draft messages
– some messages did not fully render
– replying to PGP messages did not add the original message in the response
– some links were not clickable
– some draft messages were showing expiration icon
– email, call or share a contact from contact details view
– phone permission request to be able to call a contact directly from the app
Fixed a crash that happened when forwarding some messages with attachments
Fixed a crash that was caused by some large attachments
Fixed an issue that caused the same address to be shown when printing a message
Fixed an issue with the signature when it was modified on the web version
Fixed an issue that caused the Reply option not to be shown in the notification
Added a confirmation modal if the back button is used on the Report Bug screen
Various performance improvements.
– Languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian;
– Unlocked mobile signature;
– Disabled reminder about the service Google;
– The manifesto is not changed;
– reaped the schedule.