Waze – GPS, Maps, Traffic Alerts & Live Navigation
Waze is the world’s largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you’re already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
– Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
– Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
– Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
– Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
– Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
– Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
– Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
– Find the cheapest gas station on your route
– Add information on local places and businesses
– Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
– See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
– One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
– Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven’t driven for a while.
Share Drive and Location improvements
First phase of revamping this function. This version includes improvements on the Sender side that should enhance the experience of sharing your ETA. This revamp is still under development and some bugs and inconsistencies might be observed; please help us improve it by submitting feedback on any issue you may face.
Incorrect ETA is displayed when watching a drive in the app
There might be issues with getting SMS and push notifications when the drive is shared via contact
Android Auto: New focus states (UX improvement)
‘Ads’ Waypoints – now you can navigate to a stop point even if it is a branded (ad) one. In the previous client versions, Waze would replace the final destination with the stop point (if ad).
New route added a previous stop point as final destination (BUG-5662)
Car icon vanishes or does not show (BUG-5172)
Adding stop requires Go Now to be pressed (BUG-6130)
Spotify issue – no next song popup information (BUG-7192)
Stability and crash fixes
Crash after sync calendar action
No indication for a stop point on the map and in the scrollable ETA
This version also includes updates and fixes from the previous one:
Major changes to our network layer in an effort to improve connectivity and address some known issues in this area. These changes might affect memory consumption, routing calculations, network connectivity and cause network latency.
Crash on startup (BUG-7301) – Fixed